Dresden: Singapore group buys Westin Bellevue for €50mn

06/03/2019

First Sponsor Group from Singapur acquires the hotel “The Westin Bellevue Dresden” in a share deal. The firm quotes the purchase costs at about €49.5mn with a yield of 7.6 %. The hotel on Große Meißner Straße has 340 rooms and a total of 40,700 sqm. Sellers are the Luxembourg-based companies Rock Lux Opco S.à r.l. and Rock-Lux S.à r.l., which are part of Covivio and selling 94.9 % of their shares in the transaction. The remaining 5.1 % are retained by hotel operator Event Hotels. The Singapore group is expecting the closing before mid-year, after which they intend to invest more than €10mn in refurbishing and modernizing the hotel. First Sponsor is part of City Developments Limited (CDL), who reports having invested nearly €400mn in 17 European hotels since 2017. German properties in the portfolio are the Pullman Hotel in Munich and the Le Méridien in Frankfurt.


TD Premium

Subscribers to our premium service have access to this article in full as well as to an additional 510,000+ news items: all filterable by topic, company, asset class, city or keyword. In TD Premium you can search for investment deals, leases, current project developments and company news with pinpoint accuracy.

TD Premium is Germany’s leading property information tool that interconnects news, transactions, project data, market and company information in a unique and flexible system.